A dental implant is an artificial “root” that’s embedded within the jaw bone. It’s used to replace your missing tooth. An attachment extends out of the implant and through the gum tissue, where a crown or other restoration, is permanently cemented into place.
This is normally a process that takes a few months to complete, but Central Valley Dentistry has invested in the latest state of the art equipment that allows our experts to place your dental implant and crown, on the same day. Using the CEREC Same Day Dental Implant machine, Central Valley Dentistry can create your implant in a matter of hours not weeks.
Same day dental implants in Phoenix are the best and most permanent way to replace a missing tooth. Cared for properly, they have the potential to last the rest of your life. In order to ensure that it does, you’ll need to know how to take care of it so that it lasts as long as it’s meant to.
Preventing Bone Loss Around Your Phoenix Dental Implant
The jaw bone is what firmly holds your implant in place. You’ll need to ensure that the bone stays healthy, as gum disease causes deterioration, leading to a loose implant that can fail. Dental implants are quite a long-term investment, so you should take the necessary precautions to try to avoid the development of gum disease in that area or anywhere in your mouth. Here are some great ways to help:
- Brushing your teeth at home at least twice daily will help prevent plaque and tartar buildup from taking over. Use a soft bristled toothbrush and angle is toward the gum line. Investing in an electric toothbrush is even better. It can not only help you clean your implant more effectively, it can also help prevent gum recession brought on by aggressive brushing techniques.
- Regular flossing will help to remove food particles that your toothbrush leaves behind. Have one of our dental hygienists show you the proper technique. There are some flossers on the market that are very helpful in cleaning around dental implants. Hate flossing? Consider purchasing an air or water flosser to make your life easier.
- Having professional dental cleanings at least once every six months will allow us to properly and thoroughly clean your implant. Our hygienists have special instruments that can access hard to reach areas that your toothbrush and at home products normally miss. Even if you don’t have any remaining teeth, and your implants support a full denture, you should come in for regular cleanings.
- Dental check-ups and x-rays are normally done during your cleaning appointment. Our dentist can carefully check the gum around your implants to ensure that it’s healthy. X-rays also show us the bone level so that we can keep track of it over the years.
Dr. Babak Behbahani and the professional staff of Central Valley Dentistry in Phoenix, AZ are implant experts ready to provide care to your whole family. If you need a tooth replaced, or are interested in getting an implant supported denture, then give us a call today. We look forward to meeting you!
Book a Free Same Day Crown Consultation
- Desired Date *
- Morning or Afternoon? *MorningAfternoon
- Name *
- New or Existing Patient *Are you a new or existing patient?NewExisting
- Email *
- Phone *
- Message *What can Central Valley Dentistry help you with?