Seriously damaged your tooth? You should follow these directions:
Do not take painkillers like ibuprofen or aspirin yet. Go for acetaminophen.
See a Phoenix emergency dentist as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
Call 911 or go to an emergency room if your injury is life-threatening.
You may be able to have your broken or chipped tooth reattached but please see a dentist to make sure. Follow the steps below, and have a dentist examine the situation as soon as possible.
Cleanse the area with warm water. Find gauze and apply it with firm pressure to stop bleeding. Look for the chipped or broken tooth pieces so as not to lose them. When the bleeding finally stops, put a cold compress to the injured area to decrease swelling. If the bleeding doesn’t stop within fifteen minutes of the constant, firm pressure, get examined by an emergency dentist Phoenix or go to the emergency room.
Save the pieces of the tooth and rinse them. Rinse your mouth as well. If the pieces aren’t clean, cover them with a washcloth and wash them as though the washcloth is a net. Place the pieces into a small container and cover them with milk, saline solution, or the saliva of the person with the tooth injury.
Call attention to your emergency dentist right away. If it can’t be re-implanted as a completely knocked out tooth, odds are that the adult tooth will grow into the space anyway.
An Adult (permanent) Tooth
There is only a short time in which an emergency dentist can re-implant your tooth – one or two hours. Only the dentist will know what the case is. Take the steps from the Chipped or Broken Tooth section above, and see an emergency dentist in Phoenix right away. You should take your contained and protected tooth with you to the dental office.
Lost Filling or Crown
Call us as soon as possible. Use clove oil (available over-the-counter in pharmacies and supermarkets) to relieve pain from contact with air on the exposed tooth. Dip a q-tip into it and apply. Also, you can use a cold compress to relieve pain and swelling around the area.
- If you find the filling, put it into a small container and take it with you to the dentist.
- To make your tooth more comfortable, fill the hole in your tooth with tooth wax or cement (available over-the-counter at your pharmacy). Do not use any household adhesives in your mouth.
- If you found the crown, you may temporarily replace it yourself until you see a dentist.
- Make sure that the crown is cleaned gently of any debris that may have accumulated on the inside.
- Apply denture adhesive to the inside of your crown. You can alternatively use dental cement or toothpaste. Then, slip the crown back in place to protect your tooth.
Call Today: (602) 246-0385
Make sure you have cleansed and cleaned any debris. Floss around the tooth gently, so that you can clear up any food that may be lodged in somewhere. If your tooth continues to hurt, see a dentist as soon as possible.
Gums and Soft Tissues – Bitten Tongue or Lip
- Small cuts usually heal themselves, so do not worry much.
- Clean the area with a wipe or rinse with cold water. Apply a cold compress, ice pack, or you can even use frozen vegetables.
- If the cut is larger than a quarter inch, or if bleeding does not stop after 10 minutes of cold treatment, see a professional.
If your mouth sores are caused by having new braces, apply a topical anesthetic (available over-the-counter at your pharmacy). To alleviate pain, take acetaminophen as directed on the packaging label.
Pain, Swelling, or Abscess – Call an Emergency Dentist!
See an emergency dentist Phoenix right away because gum pain or swelling can be the symptoms of an abscess (infection) that forms in gum tissue or in a tooth’s root and the area that surrounds it. There are many reasons why gums can swell, become painful, or abscess. Only a thorough exam by your dentist can identify the underlying cause.
If the abscess ruptures, you may experience a sudden rush of foul-smelling and foul-tasting fluid from the swollen or painful area. Rinse your mouth with warm water immediately.
Areas We Service:
Maryvale | Paradise Valley | Deer Valley | North Mountain | Camelback East | Alahambra | South Mountain | Estrella | Ahwatukee Foothills | Central City | Desert View | North Gateway | Encanto | New Village | Laveen